We are looking for talented, enthusiastic and motivated individuals that are looking to develop careers in horseracing journalism to join our panel of on-track race reporters.
Launched in 2003, Irish Point-to-Point Services provides key administrative services to the Irish point-to-point racing sector, maintaining an extensive database of point-to-point results and running the leading industry website p2p.ie.
As an on-track reporter, you will compile the results from individual fixtures, as well as writing reports for third-party publications. You must be hard working, comfortable working at pace, have a strong writing ability and a passion for point-to-point racing. Training and mentoring will be provided.
• Return declarations and fast results throughout a race day.
• Compile full race results including betting prices of each race.
• Generate in-running comments following the established style.
• Assess the performances of horses by writing analysis on individual races.
• Write detailed editorial reports for publication reviewing a fixture including quotes from winning connections.
• Keen interest in point-to-point racing and a strong ability to read a race.
• Ability to work under pressure to fixed deadlines with a high level of accuracy.
• High standard of written English.
• Studious attention to detail.
• Flexibility in working patterns.
• IT literate.
The successful applicants will join our panel of reporters and will be primarily assigned to fixtures in the Eastern and/or Northern regions.
Opportunities can arise to progress into race commentary if so desired.
To apply for this role, please email a copy of your CV and cover letter specifically detailing your experience and suitability for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday August 19th 2022.