Over the summer months we have uploaded hundreds of videos from 1999-1989 to the site which can all be viewed by our members.
To find a fixture just go to ‘results’ and select the date of the meeting you wish to view or search the horse name, if we have the video the video icon will appear in green.
The second year we look at in our archive section is 1998.
1998 saw Enda Bolger bypass Willie Rooneys all time winners record. At Ballingarry aboard Elegant Lord he rode his 402nd winner to put himself on top of the pile in an eighteen year career that included seven championships.
1998 also saw John Thomas McNamara win his first title with 32 winners taking the title by 12 winners from Tony Martin and Tom Lombard on 20.
Many riders rode their initial success in 1998 including Ruby Walsh, Harry Fowler, Peter Fahey, Aidan Fitzgerald, Bobby McNally, Vinny Keane, Gareth Power and Jim Keeling.
We have uploaded over 330 races from the 1998 season with some of the highlights listed below.
To find a fixture go to ‘Results’ and select the date of the meeting you wish to view OR search the Horse noted below and find the video link beside the relevant formline.
Just some of the videos now available to members are referenced below
• At Slanemore on January 18th Spotthedifference won a maiden for Eddie Hales but was soon to join Enda Bolger while half an hour later Elegant Lord won the Open and both races are now available to view. Johnny Berry won abord Taxman Willy while John Paul Brennan won abord Poor Skin in the mares maiden. The second division of the mares went to Pat Cloke aboard Athas Liath.
• At Comber on January 24th David Christie steered Captain Brandy to success while Liam Lennon, John Bright, Paddy Graffin and James Smyth were all among the winners.
• At Carrigtwohill on February 1st James Motherway won aboard Lisnagar Lake and Tom Lombard won on Buck Lady.
• Top class Hunter Chaser won at Kerry Orchid won the Open under Philip Fenton while Barry Potts steered Mr Flowers to success on the same card.
• Montys Pass won his maiden at Tallow on February 8th while James Sheahan and Ajar and Eoin Gallagher and Kambalda Bay were also among the winners.
• At Gowran on March 1st Peter Fahey (Burton Hall) and Colm Murphy (Arctic Grey) were joined by Kevin O’Donnell (Brambledale) and Minella Lad (Mark Cahill) in the winners enclosure.
• Tony Martin won on a smart maiden at Maralin when Lyreen Wonder took the five-year-old geldings maiden.
• At The Pigeons on March 15th Tom Gibney won aboard Colins Hatch and Another Wagon while John O’Connell took the opener on Toarlite and Paul Gilligan steering Mr Miller to victory.
• At Liscarroll on March 28th Dermot Costello took the 4yo Maiden aboard Splendid Melody followed by Paul Cashman taking the Open on Dans Your Man. William O’Sullivan was successful on Supreme Citizen in the Winners race and Brian Hassett won the older maiden on No Flycatcher.
• Vinny Keane scored twice at Dundrum aboard Born Natural and Janiste while Timmy Hyde was successful on Youwannabequick. T J Nagle steered Stormin To Glory to success.
• At Ballacolla Ian ‘Busty’ Amond won the opener on Fonthill.
• At Summerhill on April 26th brothers Ross (Brush Alone) and Norman (Persian Amore) Geraghty were among the winners as was Paddy Burke aboard Manus The Man.
• At Cork on May 3rd they held the last ptp on the racecourse until the Covid meeting in 2021 and Montys Pass (David Nugent) and Faithful County and Johnny Collins both scored.
• On the final day of the season at Kinsale (31st May) Aidan Fitzgerlad won aboard Pick Of The Stall while Mary Horgan scored aboard Nattico also.
There are many other races loaded so view the list below etc.
Click here to view list.
Here is a little taster of what you can expect.
Have a look at Monty's Pass winning his point-to-point at Cork Racecourse in May 1998 in the hands of David Nugent carrying the familiar Mangan colours.